From a concept in 1998 to a newly chartered organization later that same year, the Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance is a story of progress. In just twenty years of operation, the Alliance has helped locate 20 new companies and 22 expansions in the Coosa and Tallapoosa County area, creating over 3,800 jobs.
The mission of the Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance is twofold. One, to attract new business and industry to the Lake Martin area; and two, existing business and industry retention.
The mission is accomplished through a working relationship with state and local governmental entities and economic development consultants, utilization of print and electronic media, proactive marketing, and research and development of attractive and functional industrial sites.
Essential to the success of any organization is the ongoing cooperation of its supporters. The Alliance and its efforts are funded by several local private and public entities that believe that the quality of life, skillful labor force, and industrial infrastructure in the Lake Martin area can provide a company with the means and opportunity to grow and prosper, as well as providing a safe and fun community for employees to raise their families.
We invite you to come see why the Lake Martin area is "life as it should be."
Lake Martin Area Economic Development Alliance
2017-2018 Board Members & Investors
- Alabama Municipal Electric Authority - Fred Clark
- Alabama Power - Marshall Griffin
- Alexander City Chamber of Commerce - Ed Collari
- C&J Tech - Jimmy Brock
- Central Alabama Community College - Dr. Susan Burrow
- Central Alabama Electric Copperative - Connie Bainbridge
- City of Alexander City - Mayor Jim Nabors
- City of Alexander City - Tommy Spraggins
- City of Dadeville - Mayor Wayne Smith
- Coosa County Commission - Commissioner Unzell Kelly
- Coosa County Probate Judge- Judge Richard Dean
- KwangSung America -
- Lake Martin Area Industrial Development Authority - Les Sellers
- Russell Lands - David Sturdivant
- Russell Medical Center - Jim Peace
- SJA - President Kim / Mr. IW Kim
- SL Alabama - President Kim / Mr. K Kim
- Tallapoosa County Commission - Commissioner TC Coley
- Tallapoosa County Probate Judge - Judge Tal East
- Valley National Bank - Mark Spencer
Lake Martin Area Industrial Development Authority
2017-2018 Board Members
- Mary Bennett - Coosa County Representative
- Blake Beck - Tallapoosa County Representative
- Vicki Florine - Tallapoosa County Representative
- Douglas Hoytt - Coosa County Representative
- Al Jones – Tallapoosa County Representative
- Les Sellers - Coosa County Representative